[arch-dev-public] Server trash cleanup

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 16:11:16 EST 2011

Things we don't truly need, AFAIK:

* gerolde: all of /srv/ftp/archive/pkgs
* gerolde: /srv/ftp/iso and /srv/ftp/archive/iso
  What is our policy on this stuff? Nostalgic, sure, but usable or
necessary? We have all sorts of full and base images, scsi-specific,
etc. but outside of keeping arch-0.1 do we really want to appear like
we care about previous releases?
* gerolde: /srv/cvs
* sigurd: Unfortunately not a lot here to kill, and our disk is
hovering in that 85% range.
* sigurd: /srv/cvs

Pierre, can we adjust CLEANUP_KEEP down to 30? That is still a lot of
time and would at least reduce the burden of space of some frequently
updated packages.

These are all suggestions, I am not opposed to keeping things if
people have a valid reason. But this might also make any backup
picture a bit more clear and give us more room and leeway to package
some bigger things which seems to be the trend lately.

-Dan