[arch-dev-public] Moving openldap to core repo

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:48:11 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was looking into updating the orphaned libldap and openldap packages
>> and couldn't help to notice that they should be in a splitted PKGBUILD
>> instead of two seperate PKGBUILD.  It will remove duplicate work and
>> probably make the PKGBUILD cleaner especially the build function which
>> currently cd to subdirectories to only build what is needed for its
>> specific package.  As openldap only depends on core packages, I don't
>> see why it couldn't go in core.
>
> Can you change --enable-wrappers to --disable-wrappers and remove the
> tcp_wrappers dependency when you pick this up again?
>
> -Dan

Sure. I just did it in my WIP PKGBUILD to not forget.

As no-one seems to know about the db moving part, I'm leaning into
keeping  --localstatedir=/var/lib/openldap. I'll wait for a day or two
in case someone wants to pipe in, unless you want me to go forward to
get the new openladp package done for the tcp_wrappers removal.