[arch-dev-public] Moving openldap to core repo

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:55:02 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was looking into updating the orphaned libldap and openldap packages
>>> and couldn't help to notice that they should be in a splitted PKGBUILD
>>> instead of two seperate PKGBUILD.  It will remove duplicate work and
>>> probably make the PKGBUILD cleaner especially the build function which
>>> currently cd to subdirectories to only build what is needed for its
>>> specific package.  As openldap only depends on core packages, I don't
>>> see why it couldn't go in core.
>>
>> Can you change --enable-wrappers to --disable-wrappers and remove the
>> tcp_wrappers dependency when you pick this up again?
>>
>> -Dan
>>

> Sure. I just did it in my WIP PKGBUILD to not forget.
Thanks!

> As no-one seems to know about the db moving part, I'm leaning into
> keeping  --localstatedir=/var/lib/openldap. I'll wait for a day or two
> in case someone wants to pipe in, unless you want me to go forward to
> get the new openladp package done for the tcp_wrappers removal.
No huge rush to get a rebuilt version in.

As far as the database bit goes, could you have post_upgrade (but only
upgrade, not install) install a symlink from the new to old data
location if the new location doesn't contain any data, and print a
message saying you should move your data directory for real? Of course
you can't have the package contain an empty data directory this way.

-Dan