[arch-dev-public] Moving openldap to core repo

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 01:43:39 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Can you change --enable-wrappers to --disable-wrappers and remove the
>>> tcp_wrappers dependency when you pick this up again?
>>>
>>> -Dan
>>>

>> Sure. I just did it in my WIP PKGBUILD to not forget.
> Thanks!
>
>> As no-one seems to know about the db moving part, I'm leaning into
>> keeping  --localstatedir=/var/lib/openldap. I'll wait for a day or two
>> in case someone wants to pipe in, unless you want me to go forward to
>> get the new openladp package done for the tcp_wrappers removal.
> No huge rush to get a rebuilt version in.
>
> As far as the database bit goes, could you have post_upgrade (but only
> upgrade, not install) install a symlink from the new to old data
> location if the new location doesn't contain any data, and print a
> message saying you should move your data directory for real? Of course
> you can't have the package contain an empty data directory this way.

A DB_CONFIG.example file gets installed in the db directory so
symlinking the directories won't work.  We could simply use a
post-upgrade function to check if there is a db in the old location
and, if so, print a message saying to stop the daemon and move their
db. If we also post a frontpage news, they should be aware of the
change, I guess.

Eric