[arch-dev-public] kernel 3.0 enters testing

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Jul 29 15:12:02 EDT 2011

Hi Tobias,

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> first try with 3.0 kernel,
> nvidia legacy is not building, due to some makefile conftest
> restriction, patches are welcome.

I have not looked into this at all, so take this with a grain of salt.

On my office computer my nfs share fails to mount after upgrading to
linux-3.0-2. Looking at the logs, it looks like linux-3.0-1 works
fine, now that I downgraded to kernel26 from core it also works.

The error I get (from memory) is: "mount.nfs: segfault in
libc-2.14.so" or something along those lines. I tried reinstalling
glibc, rebooting a few times, but the bug was always reproducible.

Sorry that I don't have more info, but I'm in a bit of a hurry so
didn't have time to debug further.

Cheers,

Tom