[arch-dev-public] kernel 3.0 enters testing

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Jul 29 15:38:40 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Same as this?
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25306

Yes. Exactly the same.

> Perhaps it is this since we did not patch? Absolutely bullshit that it
> causes a segfault but: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.nfs/41830

Yup, that's almost certainly it. As expected, user-space tools will
fail if we only have two digits in our kernel version. This is of
course beyond ridiculous, but that's life. Maybe it is worth releasing
this kernel as 3.0.0, and try again with 3.1? Hopefully nfs and others
will be fixed by then? Or we could just try to patch whatever breaks
:-)

-t