[arch-dev-public] [signoff] coreutils-8.12-2, initscripts-2011.06.2-1, net-tools-1.60-15, udev-171-2, yp-tools-2.12-2

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Jun 4 12:45:33 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's what I believe.  I didn't mentionned it but dmesg contains
> output saying that the raid was assemble and all mirrors are active.
> So despite the error message from udevd, the kernel still manage to
> assemble the raid array. Also, I can't find the hook or config file
> that contains the mdadm command line displayed in the error message.
> I looked in /etc and /lib/initcpio but it's not there.

It is called from udev (both in the initramfs, which fails, and in the
real fs, which succeeds). The rule is
/lib/udev/rules.d/64-md-raid.rules. Could it be that your initramfs
lacks some modules? I guess Thomas would know this better than me...

> If I'm the only one with the problem, you can also keep things as they
> are now, i.e. not support /usr on a separate partition. As I'll be
> moving my /usr, that problem will become moot.

There probably will be more affected people once it reaches [core], so
we should either decide not to support separate /usr, or fix it.

-t