[arch-dev-public] Move OpenBox to [community]

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Jun 7 10:03:26 EDT 2011

Am Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:36:09 +0200
schrieb Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>:

> Hi DEVs,
> Florian Pritz aka Bluewind, wants to maintain OpenBox (which is
> currently orphan) in [community].
> I don't know if we have some policy about WMs that have to stay in
> [extra].
>
> He wants to maintain the following packages in [community] too:
> * obconf
> * openbox
> * wvdial
> * wvstreams
> * xbindkeys
> * xplc
>
> Do you agree with this?

We have Lxde in extra (seems a bit unmaintained). That depends on
openbox wm. We should either keep openbox or move all Lxde to
community.

Lxdm (does not depend on openbox nor lxde but is a bit related to this)
hasn't seen much love upstream in the past, it's a candidate to drop
also. I'd like to check lightdm as a possible repleace for lxdm in
extra.

-Andy