[arch-dev-public] Move OpenBox to [community]

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Tue Jun 7 15:10:47 EDT 2011

2011/6/7 Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>:
> Am Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:36:09 +0200
> schrieb Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>:
>
>> Hi DEVs,
>> Florian Pritz aka Bluewind, wants to maintain OpenBox (which is
>> currently orphan) in [community].
>> I don't know if we have some policy about WMs that have to stay in
>> [extra].
>>
>> He wants to maintain the following packages in [community] too:
>> * obconf
>> * openbox
>> * wvdial
>> * wvstreams
>> * xbindkeys
>> * xplc
>>
>> Do you agree with this?

I agree

> We have Lxde in extra (seems a bit unmaintained). That depends on
> openbox wm. We should either keep openbox or move all Lxde to
> community.

LXDE doesn't have much updates upstream, so isn't unmaintained at all
(by me I mean),  there are many upstream bugs for more than a year
that aren't fixed yet.

But yest, it's a huge candidate to [community] too, I don't know if
somebody wanna maintain it on it, I could handle it as I've been
doing, but I'd like to have it in [community] in case of some
encouraged TU want to help me, it's welcome to me.

So +1 for me to move LXDE to [community] too

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net