[arch-dev-public] [signoff] glibc-2.14 toolchain build

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 8 18:26:30 EDT 2011

2011/6/8 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
> On 09/06/11 07:20, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
>>
>> On 7 June 2011 13:18, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org>  wrote:
>>>
>>> The glibc-2.14 toolchain update is in [testing].  Here is a summary of
>>> the
>>> changes.
>>>
>>> glibc-2.14-1
>>>  - major version release
>>>  - add patch to fix libdl crash
>>
>> Looks like the glibc update will interfere with other rebuilds (e.g.:
>> Perl).
>>
>> At least my pidgin package is affected, and will give "/lib/libc.so.6:
>> version `GLIBC_2.14' not found" errors if moved to [extra] without
>> glibc being moved to [core] at the same time.
>>
>> What's the preferred course of action we take here? Rebuild affected
>> packages with the old glibc? Wait for glibc to move to [core] before
>> moving the Perl rebuilds?
>>

> I thought the perl rebuilds were done a long time before the glibc updated
> hit [testing], so they should be fine.
>
> I would not expect glibc to move any time soon given the crash we are
> currently seeing.

This is a good time to hi-jack this thread and pushing up you, to
sign-off perl 5.14.0-1 .. Allan I will make an installation of i686
with frozenbubble, but it will be really helpful if you try to dig
what's happening with frozenbubble with me (I have no error reported
and the bugs reported on the bug tracker seems to be people which
manually installed stuff from cpan)..

Cheers

--
Angel Velásquez