[arch-dev-public] [signoff] bash-4.2.005 and readline-6.2.001

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:39:07 EST 2011

2011/3/1 Ángel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.org>:
> 2011/2/28 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
>> Upstream patchlevel bumps.   There were the (fairly minor) bug fixes I was
>> waiting for beofre moving bash-4.2 and readline-6.2 to [core].
>>
>> Signoff both,
>> Allan
>>

> -1
>
> Broke my system
>
> I had to remount everything and downgrade manually (partitions wasn't
> mounting) and initscripts got broken

Another -1.  I would recommand everyone to downgrade to the previous
versions before rebooting or halting their systems. I had to boot from
a live CD in order to downgrade them.

When shutting down, the following was printed:

INIT: Switching to runlevel: 6
INIT: Sending process the TERM signal
INIT: no more process left in this runlevel.

And then it just hangs.

On bootup, i got a message about rc.sysinit getting a segfault in
bash. Then some errors about not finding the qingy libraries (I use
qingy as login manager) probably related to the mount issue that Angel
mentionned.  Then it hangs.