[arch-dev-public] [signoff] bash-4.2.005 and readline-6.2.001

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 08:13:27 EST 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/3/1 Ángel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.org>:
>> 2011/2/28 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
>>> Upstream patchlevel bumps.   There were the (fairly minor) bug fixes I was
>>> waiting for beofre moving bash-4.2 and readline-6.2 to [core].
>>>
>>> Signoff both,
>>> Allan
>>>

>> -1
>>
>> Broke my system
>>
>> I had to remount everything and downgrade manually (partitions wasn't
>> mounting) and initscripts got broken
>>

> Another -1.  I would recommand everyone to downgrade to the previous
> versions before rebooting or halting their systems. I had to boot from
> a live CD in order to downgrade them.

Any reason anyone didn't do this already? At least now they're no
longer in [testing]. We have no reason to keep stuff like this in the
repos for this long if it causes this many problems.

-Dan

dan at gerolde ~
$ /arch/db-remove bash testing i686
==> Removing bash from [testing]...

dan at gerolde ~
$ /arch/db-remove bash testing x86_64
==> Removing bash from [testing]...

dan at gerolde ~
$ /arch/db-remove readline testing i686
==> Removing readline from [testing]...

dan at gerolde ~
$ /arch/db-remove readline testing x86_64
==> Removing readline from [testing]...