[arch-dev-public] devtools problem

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Mar 16 17:21:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:50:30 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 17/03/11 06:39, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>> You are right, I missed that. I have no idea how to fix the testing
>> host with extra chroot problem. Is there a way to detect when running
>> pacman-db-upgrade is needed?
>
> find /var/lib/pacman/local -name depends

Stupid me. I should have looked at the upgrade script before; it's
quite simple. I guess we could allways run that.

>> I guess to solve the first problem we would
>> also need a pacman-db-downgrade script.
>
> pacman-db-downgrade would be basically impossible...  you could
> symlink the desc file to depends in every local package database
> directory.

If I'd add those link pacman 3.4 would be able to read the db, right?
But once we update to 3.5 the upgrade script will ad all entries again.
Maybe I'll need to modify the upgrade script to remove the desc files if
they are just links.

Btw: Do you guys plan the same for the db files? (merging deps and desc
entries)

Greetings,

Pierre