[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev-169-1

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu May 19 12:11:25 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

This is an upstream update together with the following changes:

* we no longer disable error logging. This can be done manually if
needed, but the lack of error messages makes finding errors harder.
Besides, if the messages are truly unnecessary it should be reported
upstream.
* we no longer maintain our own custom cd symlinks. This change is
just to get closer to upstream, and it does not lose significant
functionality (also, the custom script is likely to bitrot).
* we longer autoload oss emulation modules. This can be added to
MODULES in rc.conf if needed, but is not needed by most people and
causes problems for some, so don't do i by default. In the future we
will not load any modules by default except for what is done upstream.
This seemed the most obvious, so changed it first.
* we no longer provide persistent net/cd autogeneration rules. This is
deprecated upstream and should be done as explained on the arch wiki.

I might leave this package in [testing] somewhat longer than strictly
necessary to pick up on any obscure bugs (we were hit by some with the
168 release).

Also note: with this release we need kernel 2.6.32 or later.

Please test and signoff.

Cheers,

Tom