[arch-dev-public] Package signoffs page

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Nov 3 11:31:24 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

Thanks for working on this, I have wondered why we don't use this.

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> This seems like a good time to get the ball fully rolling on the
> package signoffs page: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/
>
> I and a few others would like to make this the goto for signoffs-
> fewer emails, easier to see at a glance what signoffs are pending,
> etc. Given we have a large set of packages in [testing] right now for
> some [core] signature rebuilds, this seems like an ideal time to get
> some feedback so we can fully migrate to using this page.
>
> So this is a call for (constructive) feedback on what more I need to
> implement to make it useful to all of you. A list below is things
> already on the todo list that definitely need to be done; if there are
> other things that *need* to be done, please let me know. If there are
> other things that would be nice, let me know too, but that might be
> worth a feature request that can be worked on after we switch.

>From my point of view it is already very useful. And as soon as it is
possible to cancel signoffs I think we should start using it.

> * A daily summary email saying "hey gang, here are today's pending signoffs"

Not so sure about this feature. It might cause too much noise to be useful.

I suggest we still send out the initial signoff emails when we push
the package to testing (with maybe some comments about changes), as It
might still be useful to have a ML thread for discussing the update. I
think it would be best to let the maintainer send a remainder email if
it is needed, rather than sending them automatically.

Cheers,

Tom