[arch-dev-public] Fwd: Re: Package signoffs page

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Fri Nov 4 06:04:28 EDT 2011

Forwarding this so dan can reply

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Package signoffs page
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 10:56:33 +0100
From: Lukas Fleischer <archlinux at cryptocrack.de>
To: arch-general at archlinux.org

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 10:16:19AM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> Devs,
>
> This seems like a good time to get the ball fully rolling on the
> package signoffs page: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/
>
> I and a few others would like to make this the goto for signoffs-
> fewer emails, easier to see at a glance what signoffs are pending,
> etc. Given we have a large set of packages in [testing] right now for
> some [core] signature rebuilds, this seems like an ideal time to get
> some feedback so we can fully migrate to using this page.
>
> So this is a call for (constructive) feedback on what more I need to
> implement to make it useful to all of you. A list below is things
> already on the todo list that definitely need to be done; if there are
> other things that *need* to be done, please let me know. If there are
> other things that would be nice, let me know too, but that might be
> worth a feature request that can be worked on after we switch.
>
> Must haves:
> * A way to cancel a signoff
> * Signoff "blacklist" or modification- basically say "this package
> doesn't need signoffs, just remove it from display"
> * A daily summary email saying "hey gang, here are today's pending
signoffs"

+1. And +1 to a "red flag"/block feature to ensure packages that nuked
someone's system won't be moved until this is resolved.

By the way, are TUs encouraged to give their sign-offs as well or is
this a dev-only thing?

Oh, how will we handle user sign-offs in the future (I remember that
these were asked for a few times)? Replies to the daily summary mails?