[arch-dev-public] graphite (v2 branch) in staging

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 28 02:53:28 EDT 2011

Am Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:37:18 +0200
schrieb Rémy Oudompheng <remyoudompheng at gmail.com>:

> On 2011/10/28 Andreas Radke <andyrtr at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > I've pushed new graphit2-1.0.3 to staging repo. I will prepare new
> > LibreOffice builds there to make use of it.
> >
> > Please fix Texlive to either use old internal silgraphite one or
> > use the new version.
>
> I'm completely confused. There is no graphit2 package, only a graphite
> package. Why is it not called libgraphite or libgraphite2?
> If the names are different, why do we absolutely need to remove
> libgraphite immediately?
>
> Rémy.

Most Arch devs dislike to have a lib in several versions in our repos.
I've kept the main project name "graphite" because we usually don't
rename for major .so bumps.

The new pkg provides some binary tools so I dropped the "lib" prefix.
We have to rebuild the two related packages anyways.

Technically it would be possible to ship both packages, they don't seem
to file conflict. But this is not what we want. Please have a look at
Fedora. They also dropped old silgraphite and maybe have a fix for you
pkg.

-Andy