[arch-dev-public] graphite (v2 branch) in staging

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 07:00:32 EDT 2011

On 2011/10/28 Andreas Radke <andyrtr at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Most Arch devs dislike to have a lib in several versions in our repos.
> I've kept the main project name "graphite" because we usually don't
> rename for major .so bumps.
> The new pkg provides some binary tools so I dropped the "lib" prefix.
> We have to rebuild the two related packages anyways.
> Technically it would be possible to ship both packages, they don't seem
> to file conflict. But this is not what we want. Please have a look at
> Fedora. They also dropped old silgraphite and maybe have a fix for you
> pkg.

I remember the discussion we had about that, but that's not what I'm
talking about. My opinion is just that if the pkgname was changed, I
see no reason to drop libgraphite exactly at the same time graphite
enters the repository. graphite can move as soon as libreoffice and
there's no reason to wait for texlive, libgraphite can be dropped
independently as soon as I make sure texlive does not use it anymore.


More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list