[arch-dev-public] Proposal to add burp to [extra].

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Mon Apr 9 02:21:56 EDT 2012

On 9 April 2012 01:39, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To introduce the tool for everyone, burp is an aur uploader written by
> falconindy.
> burp @ the aur: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37216
>
> I currently utilized burp in a script called repotoaur for devtools
> and have yet to submit the script to devtools.
> The patch that introduces it is at https://gist.github.com/2339399
> Repotoaur's purpose is to make it easy to move packages from the
> supported repos to the aur by introducing 2 commands to devtools
> called community2aur and extra2aur.
>
> In order for repotoaur to get included into devtools, burp will need
> to be in [extra].
> Since bringing an AUR uploader into the supported repos is a grey
> area, I would like to start a discussion on the appropriateness of
> bringing in burp.
>
> My opinion is that it would be fine since all it is, is an aur package
> uploader and nothing more.
> What do you guys think?

Why not just introduce the same functionality to dbscripts? That way we
have no grey, white or red area to hop between. We can have both an import
and export operation to bring in and drop packages from and to AUR.

eg.:

* db-drop, or db-remove --to-aur;

* db-adopt $aur_pkg $destination_repo (this would do the necessary addition
to svn, packager can then check out the package as per usual)

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1