[arch-dev-public] the big rebuild - libpng/libtiff

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:06:18 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 01/18/2012 09:33 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>> On 01/18/2012 09:17 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i cannot speak about libtiff but libpng 1.5 rebuild is going to be
>>> difficult. All previous warnings are now fatal and a lot of patching is
>>> involved.
>>>
>>> I managed to get all patches from gentoo here (thanks gentoo devs!):
>>>
>>> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5
>>> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Patches also can be found in fedora rawhide and openbsd.
>>>
>>> The rebuild is done as usually in staging and at first you won't be able
>>> to build any packages until their dependencies are built first.
>>>

>> note for all packages, pay attention to configure log to see if png is
>> really detected and not just blindly rebuild a package.
>>

> I'm going to move the packages into testing now.
> Don't forget to fully update your system before reporting bugs on our
> tracker.
>
> It will stay in testing for couples of weeks (maxim 2) until is moved
> our in extra.
>
> Happy testing.
>
> --
> Ionuț

FYI, there is a problem with the rebuilt directfb in
community-testing, at least qingy doesn't work with it. I'm still
trying to figure what's the problem. I tried the newer releases but
whether it's in the same 1.4 branch or the newer 1.5 branch, it
doesn't work. We'll need to wait until it's fix to move the rebuild
out of testing.