[arch-dev-public] DRAFT: libpng/libtiff rebuilds move from [testing]

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Thu Feb 2 19:18:24 EST 2012

Hi Ionut,

If I may, I'll suggest a couple of minor rewordings:

Recent releases of libpng and libtiff have required a rebuild of all
packages that depend on them; these have just been moved from [testing]
to the main repos. As usual, remember to fully update your system and
check your unofficial packages (especially the cairo-* packages from
AUR) for required rebuilds.

The update might output messages similar to:

g_module_open() failed for
/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so:
libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

These can be safely ignored if you use our official cairo package;
otherwise you may need to reinstall librsvg.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan