[arch-dev-public] Moving systemd v42 to [extra]

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Feb 9 10:13:19 EST 2012

Hi Roman,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 16:29, Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> wrote:
>> - Nothing is happening to systemd-arch-units and systemd-initscripts.
>>  These packages are staying in [community].
>
> I may be missing something (didn't try systemd yet)
> but what is the purpose of having systemd in extra
> when packages that make it useful are in community?

Many packages in core/extra have systemd support (i.e. they install
systemd units in /lib/systemd/system), and we expect even more to get
this in the future.

For the time being, you'd probably also want systemd-units-arch and/or
initscripts-systemd from community in order to make systemd work well,
but we expect this not to be the case for much longer.

Cheers,

Tom