[arch-dev-public] Remove ftp mirrors from the default list

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:15:37 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ftp connects way slower than http, especially for lots of small files,
> since it has to connect back to the client each time.
>
> Since I don't see any benefit over http and ftp is old, I propose to
> remove all the ftp mirrors from the default mirror list.

+1 from me, but can you elaborate on what you mean by "default"? I can
think of any of the following, want to make sure we are on the same
page:

* pacman-mirrorlist package
* install ISO mirrorlist (completely omitted, or simply commented out?)
* unchecking FTP by default at https://www.archlinux.org/mirrorlist/

-Dan