[arch-dev-public] Remove ftp mirrors from the default list

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Mon Feb 13 13:21:14 EST 2012

On 13.02.2012 19:15, Dan McGee wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:
>> Since I don't see any benefit over http and ftp is old, I propose to
>> remove all the ftp mirrors from the default mirror list.
>
> +1 from me, but can you elaborate on what you mean by "default"? I can
> think of any of the following, want to make sure we are on the same
> page:

pacman-mirrorlist

I believe the ISO uses pacman-mirrorlist and just prepends the selected
mirror. If ships it's own file, I'd like to change that too.

> * unchecking FTP by default at https://www.archlinux.org/mirrorlist/

I don't know how many people actually get their lists from there, but
unchecking by default won't hurt. I didn't think of this so thanks for
mentioning it.

--
Florian Pritz