[arch-dev-public] udev-177

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Jan 13 06:39:24 EST 2012

Hi Andrea,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I had to downgrade udev,kmod,mkinitcpio

Any change we could narrow this down a bit? If you upgrade again
kmod+mkinitcpio (possibly ignoring the versioned deps), do you still
get the bug? I assume udev is the culprit, so would be nice to get a
confirmation.

> wifi was broken and applications didn't start

When you say that wifi was broken, do you mean at the kerne/modules
level, or at the NM level? I.e. is it possible to get the wifi working
using commandline tools, or even nm-cli as root?

Any more details / logs about the applications not starting? E.g.
which applications are not starting?

> This error has gone after the downgrade: http://dpaste.com/687105/

Hm, so the NM related ones are surely caused by CK failing to start.
No idea why CK is failing though (I have tested CK+sd+[testing] and it
works fine for me). Does 'systemctl status console-kit-daemon.service'
give you any more info?

> I'm using systemd 38.

This should be unrelated, but do you have

'-session        optional        pam_systemd.so'

at the bottom of /etc/pam.d/kde* ? This is needed to get device ACL's
to work, so would be nice if we could include it in the standard file
(like is done for at least ssh and login).

Cheers,

Tom