[arch-dev-public] KDE Package Guidelines (aka AUR plasmoids mess)

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sun Jul 15 05:18:05 EDT 2012

On 07/15/2012 11:01 AM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> If we would rename all our packages in that way, will be really difficult, for
> both users and maintainer, to understand if we are talking about an official kde
> plasmoid or not.

Why does it matter whether an applet is from KDE upstream or a thrid
party? You can run pacman -Si oder cower -i kdeplasma-whatever and look
at the homepage URL to see where it came from if you really need to
know, but I don't see any need for changing the package name here.

--
Florian Pritz -- {flo,bluewind}@server-speed.net