[arch-dev-public] [ANNOUNCE] initscripts-2012.07.3

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Jul 21 17:40:59 EDT 2012

Am 21.07.2012 23:28, schrieb Ionut Biru:
> I pretty much hate everything you have described here.
> We started from a simple and elegant, single file configuration to over
> 9k(not to mention that i have no freaking idea which one to edit)
>
> Bring back the old rc.conf until we are switching to systemd or even
> better, kill initscripts right now and lets move to systemd.
>
> I don't like the transition, we are in the middle and it's frustrating.

Did you even bother to read what Tom wrote? You can still use your old
rc.conf. It is just recommend to use the new config files instead. This
makes using initscripts and systemd in parallel easier. And there are
not 9k config files but three.

So criticizing is all fine, but please keep it civil and based on
facts.

Greetings,

Pierre