[arch-dev-public] New install iso - proof of concept

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 25 04:30:47 EDT 2012

Am 23.06.2012 21:14, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> * We should treat the iso more like our other package and not aim for
> the most perfect product. Instead let's release new isos regularly; e.g.
> every month.

I've been saying that for a long time, but Dieter always wanted to test
more thoroughly. ArchISO is a solid base for a live system and can be
booted in numerous different ways, which is all I personally care about.

All it takes is to move one of the automatic test builds
(https://releng.archlinux.org/isos/) to the mirrors and let them sync
(test builds stopped working, no idea why, this needs to be fixed -
Pierre, as you have started testing out stuff, I could give you
permissions on the releng machine so you can analyze the logs and fix
whatever is broken).

On another note: Once we have a recent build on the mirrors, we can
finally support netbooting the ISO properly (it works now, but the
download is too slow).