[arch-dev-public] Fwd: willing to adopt avr-* packages in community

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:20:00 EDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kaspar Bumke <kaspar.bumke at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Subject: willing to adopt avr-* packages in community
To: aaron at archlinux.org

Hi,

Could you forward to arch-dev-public at your discretion please?

I saw that that the avr-gcc and avr-binutils packages are currently
orphans in community. Additionally, avr-gcc is flagged out of date. I
work with AVRs on Arch Linux and would be willing to take over
maintaining these packages.

I have been using Arch for over two years now and you can have a look
at my small contributions to the AUR and Wiki:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=kasbah
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Special:Contributions/Kasbah

I would be delighted to be able to contribute more by maintaining
these packages and would be willing to put the time in to learn what I
need to be a maintainer. I can see that Jelle van der Waa is currently
maintainer on avrdude and avr-libc and if he/she is willing to adopt
these packages they may be a better maintainer than me.

Kind Regards,

Kaspar