[arch-dev-public] gcc-4.7 toolchain in [testing]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Mar 24 06:09:06 EDT 2012

I have uploaded the gcc-4.7 toolchain to [testing].

gcc-4.7.0-1
 - upstream update
 - default linker hash style is "gnu"
    (we can now remove that from LDFLAGS in makepkg.conf)
 - soname bump for libobjc (rebuild done)

binutils-2.22-5
 - new upstream snapshot

linux-api-headers-3.3-1
 - upstream update

glibc-2.15-8
 - install timezone binaries (removed from tzdata)

tzdata-2012b-2
 - use binaries from glibc

libtool-2.4.2-5
 - rebuild

As usual with major gcc updates, don't expect packages built against the
new toolchain to work with the old one...  (especially c++ software).

I am quite happy this is working well (I am ~1/3 of the way through
rebuilding [core] and have seen no failures so far), but there are a
couple of minor test-suite issues I will investigate further.  So this
will be in [testing] for the usual couple of weeks.

Allan