[arch-dev-public] gcc-4.7 toolchain in [testing]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Mar 24 08:20:14 EDT 2012

On 24/03/12 20:09, Allan McRae wrote:
> I have uploaded the gcc-4.7 toolchain to [testing].
> gcc-4.7.0-1
>  - upstream update
>  - default linker hash style is "gnu"
>     (we can now remove that from LDFLAGS in makepkg.conf)
>  - soname bump for libobjc (rebuild done)
> binutils-2.22-5
>  - new upstream snapshot
> linux-api-headers-3.3-1
>  - upstream update
> glibc-2.15-8
>  - install timezone binaries (removed from tzdata)
> tzdata-2012b-2
>  - use binaries from glibc
> libtool-2.4.2-5
>  - rebuild
> As usual with major gcc updates, don't expect packages built against the
> new toolchain to work with the old one...  (especially c++ software).
> I am quite happy this is working well (I am ~1/3 of the way through
> rebuilding [core] and have seen no failures so far), but there are a
> couple of minor test-suite issues I will investigate further.  So this
> will be in [testing] for the usual couple of weeks.

FYI: these are the new build failures in [core] with this toolchain:

/usr/include/linux/if_packet.h:176:2: error: unknown type name

deltat.c:1694:12: error: 'yylval' may be used uninitialized in this
function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]

/usr/include/linux/ext2_fs.h:178:41: error: unknown type name 'umode_t'

Two are linux-api-headers related and one from -Werror