[arch-dev-public] "No mail" popup since last kdebase-workspace

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 17 02:34:06 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 16 October 2012 20:10:19 Stéphane Gaudreault wrote:
> I have a "No mail" popup box each time I log into kde since the last
> kdebase-workspace update. This is not a big problem as kde load
> correctly after hitting the "Ok" button.
>
> It looks like this is related to the line
>
> session    optional   pam_mail.so          dir=/var/spool/mail standard
>
> in /etc/pam.d/system-login.
>
> Any solution ?

I could copy the session part from the system-login pam module to the kde one
(without pam_mail and pam_motd of course) or Dave could move both them
somewhere else. I asked him, and he said that login is a good candidate where
to move them (or at least I understood so).

Watch FS#31999[1] to follow the updates.

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31999

--
Andrea