[arch-dev-public] Maintaining consolekit support in community

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 19 06:46:30 EDT 2012

On 19/10/12 20:28, Lukas Jirkovsky wrote:
> On 19 October 2012 12:19, Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> wrote:
>>
>> Please don't. We'll never drop initscripts this way.
>> Use AUR instead.
>>
>> --
>> Andrea
>> Arch Linux Developer
>
> Actually, what would be the problem of me maintaining initscripts in
> community too, if that time comes? I don't plan to switch to systemd
> anytime soon. I don't see any problem dropping the initscripts &
> consolekit packages to AUR when no one (including me) would be willing
> to maintain them.

So "maintaining" initscript would me actually adjusting/fixing them as
needed or just putting a package there?  Because there has been repeated
calls for actually contributors towards initscripts without any
response.  And if you are not going to do actual development of
initscripts, I will have to object on the basis that the software is
unmaintained upstream.

Allan