[arch-dev-public] Maintaining consolekit support in community

Stéphane Gaudreault stephane at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 19 08:00:36 EDT 2012

Le 2012-10-19 06:28, Lukas Jirkovsky a écrit :
> On 19 October 2012 12:19, Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Please don't. We'll never drop initscripts this way.
>> Use AUR instead.
>>
>> --
>> Andrea
>> Arch Linux Developer
> Actually, what would be the problem of me maintaining initscripts in
> community too, if that time comes?
The problem is that it will eventually become an unmantainable mess, not
because of initscripts itself (Tom, Dave et al did a great job to keep
it in a good state), but because most devs are not going to provide much
support on the rc scripts in their packages once the switch to systemd
will be completed. Also new packages will probably not include any rc
scripts in a short future.

Stéphane