[arch-dev-public] I think we're ready for GNOME 3.8 in [testing]

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 07:53:52 EDT 2013

Am 08.04.2013 13:28 schrieb "Balló György" <ballogyor at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> 1. I think it would better to move the following packages and their
> dependencies to [staging] first, and create a todo list for the necessary
> rebuilds:
> - evolution-data-server
> - gnome-desktop
> - js/js185
> - libgee/libgee06
> - libtracker-sparql

Our repository hierarchy doesn't allow that. [gnome-unstable] and [staging]
do not interact. Todo list is a good idea, though.

> 2. I'll maintain gnome-applets, gnome-media, gnome-panel,
gnome-screensaver
> and metacity (maybe notification-daemon and polkit-gnome also) in the
> [community] repository for a while, if they removed from [extra].

Thanks. I at least wanted to keep the latter two, as they're still useful
stand-alone (gnome-shell implements their interfaces,) but I like having
the legacy stuff in [community], at most.