[arch-dev-public] [arch-general] The Final Cleanup

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 6 14:20:56 EST 2013

On 7 December 2013 01:15, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth at gmail.com> wrote:
> If there are no protests, I will, after some time (say, three days

I don't think that's enough time to get the representative opinion.

Anyway, on topic, I know I have at least a couple of packages where I
provide the desktop file, but don't know if upstream presently
includes one in their sources. I will have to attend to these.

So, I say +1 to include desktop files as long as upstream does not
provide them. You can file a bug report with them, but the desktop
file stays until they attend to it. Also, it doesn't matter how it was
created, as long as the package includes it.

If a packager wants to go out of her way to provide a desktop file for
software that traditionally do not ship with one, I say we allow her
to do it.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1