[arch-dev-public] [arch-general] The Final Cleanup

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 8 03:39:39 EST 2013

On 7 December 2013 04:33, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2013/12/6 Rashif Ray Rahman <schiv at archlinux.org>:
>> On 7 December 2013 01:15, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> If there are no protests, I will, after some time (say, three days
>>
>> I don't think that's enough time to get the representative opinion.
>
> You cut away the important part of the quote. Here is what I wrote:
> "three days without any replies to this thread"
>
> That means that after the last person has replied (there may be
> replies for days and weeks), I will wait three days.
> Do you think I should wait even longer after the last reply?

That's not a big problem -- and it might work well for trivial issues
-- but I think a fixed time frame is always good due to the inherent
uncertainty (the last reply could come now, or it could come next
month).

>> If a packager wants to go out of her way to provide a desktop file for
>> software that traditionally do not ship with one, I say we allow her
>> to do it.
>
> I say we make it a requirement to provide one, for all GUI
> applications, but not by putting easily generated .desktop files into
> our repos.

I'll refrain from reiterating my points since the discussion appears to be over.

> Do you know of any female Arch Linux package maintainers? I don't.

So, off-topic: In an attempt to be gender-neutral I sometimes end up
using alternative pronouns (which can be pointless, but you'll find
more folks guilty of this than just me). Btw, we _did_ have one or two
in the past, and we _could_ have another. You never know.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1