[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Add Wayland/Weston

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 12 11:42:55 EST 2013

Am Sat, 9 Feb 2013 17:35:27 +0100
schrieb Andreas Radke <andyrtr at archlinux.org>:

> Since cairo will also depend on that libegl then every system will
> pull in Wayland. Is this really needed? If we can't build it in a
> different way we directly need to move Wayland to extra.
>
> -Andy

Bump.

If we agree that we want to start to support Wayland in Arch we need to
move Wayland libs to the extra repo. Then I can build Mesa making use
of it in libegl. This shouldn't harm anything else and wayland libs are
a pretty small pkg (when we drop the static libs).

So who's going to move it to extra and wants to maintain it there? I
could build it but will not use it myself anytime soon.

-Andy