[arch-dev-public] Drop VI from [core] (was Re: [arch-general] Winter Cleanup of [community])

Stéphane Gaudreault stephane at archlinux.org
Fri Jan 25 10:40:11 EST 2013

Le 2013-01-25 09:21, Pierre Schmitz a écrit :
> Am 25.01.2013 14:03, schrieb Stéphane Gaudreault:
>> Le 2013-01-24 17:45, Allan McRae a écrit :
>>> There is nothing stopping us dropping vi completely and just putting vim
>>> on the install media...
>>>

>> +1, vim could stay in [extra] and be included in the install media.
>> Let's wait a little 24 hours and if nobody object we will execute the condemned.
> I am glad you give us 24 hours to change a default we had for years in
> Arch and might potentially break a lot. Especially considering this
> discussion was hidden in an unrelated thread about the [community]
> cleanup.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre

I will take that as an objection ...

I created a new thread exactly because I do not wanted this discussion
to be hidden in something related to [community]. The starting point of
the discussion (beside the fact that vi is an unsable piece of crap) is
that this package is orphan. If it is important for you, you are welcome
to adopt it.

Stéphane