[arch-dev-public] Drop VI from [core] (was Re: [arch-general] Winter Cleanup of [community])

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:29:32 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Stéphane Gaudreault
<stephane at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Le 2013-01-25 09:21, Pierre Schmitz a écrit :
>
>> Am 25.01.2013 14:03, schrieb Stéphane Gaudreault:
>>> Let's wait a little 24 hours and if nobody object we will execute the
>>> condemned.
>>
>> I am glad you give us 24 hours to change a default we had for years in
>> Arch and might potentially break a lot. Especially considering this
>> discussion was hidden in an unrelated thread about the [community]
>> cleanup.
>
> I will take that as an objection ...

I think Pierre's objection at the 24 hour ultimatum is quite
reasonable. None of us are full-time employees here of Arch, so
expecting every developer to acknowledge and respond to an email
within 24 hours is a bit crazy. These type of things are in no rush to
be decided on as far as I can tell, so any time before the next
release would be fine. It is nice to give people at least a few days
if not a week around here to respond.

-Dan