[arch-dev-public] Packages still containing rc.d scripts

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 5 09:01:02 EDT 2013

[2013-06-05 13:06:59 +0200] Lukas Fleischer:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 08:55:14PM +1000, Gaetan Bisson wrote:
> > >
> > > I guess that those have been updated on trunk only.
> >
> > That's indeed what I did with my packages (including ntp and x11vnc);
> > there is no hurry to push this to the repos that I can see...
>
> Well, it is a bit inconsistent to rebuild all but 5 packages in our
> repositories.

And it is a waste of CPU, bandwidth, and time for everyone to rebuild
packages simply to remove a worthless 4kB file. There is no reason not
to wait for a proper rebuild to be actually required. As you can see,
out of my 12 packages on that TODO list, in just 20 days, only two have
not yet had another rebuild opportunity...

--
Gaetan