[arch-dev-public] BIND10? No, thanks.

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 11 04:05:42 EDT 2013

[2013-03-09 20:01:22 +0100] Ike Devolder:
> Just a small question, will we provide migration paths for people using
> bind as nameserver in their internal networks ?

Do you mean as a caching name server? For this, just install unbound,
run the daemon service, and you're good to put 127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf.

The alternative to bind as an authoritative name server is nsd. The zone
files it uses are the same as bind's, but the daemon configuration is
slightly different. It's really not hard though, but if you can't figure
it out Google will find migration scripts, etc. Of course, anybody is
free to maintain bind in any repo or the AUR - it just won't be me.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan