[arch-dev-public] Fwd: [kbd] setlogcons and friends?

Tobias Powalowski tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 25 06:14:39 EST 2013

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	[kbd] setlogcons and friends?
Datum: 	Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:03:18 +0100 (CET)
Von: 	Enrico Mioso <mrkiko.rs at gmail.com>
An: 	Tobias Powalowski <tpowa at archlinux.org>

Hi Tobias! I'm Enrico - a new arch user.

I noticed that in the kbd package in arch, some utilities are missing - like
setlogcons and friends, probably due to the configure flags that enables
optional programs. i don't think it might be a bug, but wanted to be sure it's
intentional. I'm using a stock kernel without the console patch intentionally,
and find it useful to have in particular the setlogcons program to choose on
which console kernel log messages are printed. I don't use a window system.
further - I'm a newbie, so I expect there might be some way I can convince
systemd to do the same...so I'm asking for your guidance.
Thank you sincerely

Enrico M.