[arch-dev-public] Fwd: [arch-commits] Commit in (9 files)

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Wed Nov 27 06:49:56 EST 2013

On 27/11/2013 11:35, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 27.11.2013 11:29, schrieb Allan McRae:
>> Please don't do this...   11 line output in post_install.   If you
>> REALLY need this, use a single line pointing to the wiki page.
>>
>> Allan
>
> Usage instructions generally don't belong into install/upgrade messages.
> In the best case, there is no message at all.
>
> In this case, the install message contains basic systemctl commands and
> networking tips, none of this is specific to docker or urgent enough to
> be printed during pacman.

This package has been pushed to svn too quicly. A discussion has been
started in aur-general[1] and I stated that I'll managing addition.

After a quick talk with Allan, I sent a mail to Daniel, to see if we can
use the name docker for the new package instead of docker-io or
lxc-docker. Let time to Daniel to answer.

On the technical standpoint, this package needs refactoring, maybe build
the binary from the source and not use the binary provided by
dotcloud/docker inc. This needs more work to be done.

Cheers,

[1]
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2013-November/026223.html

--