[arch-dev-public] Add guile support to make-4.0?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 9 05:36:12 EDT 2013

make-4.0 has this new feature:

* New feature: GNU Guile integration
  This version of GNU make can be compiled with GNU Guile integration.
  GNU Guile serves as an embedded extension language for make.
  See the "Guile Function" section in the GNU Make manual for details.
  Currently GNU Guile 1.8 and 2.0+ are supported.  In Guile 1.8 there is no
  support for internationalized character sets.  In Guile 2.0+, scripts
can be
  encoded in UTF-8.

I'd like to enable it so we can hang with the cool kids...  Building
make against guile means we will need to bring it to [core] along with
its dependencies gc and libunistring.  Using optdepends is not an option.

Any objections to this?

Allan