[arch-dev-public] Dropping LXDM

Balló György ballogyor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 20:57:16 EDT 2013

2013/9/11 Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org>

> [2013-09-11 08:56:42 +0200] Bartłomiej Piotrowski:
> > On 2013-09-11 00:53, Allan McRae wrote:
> > > Also "thanks to its developers and recent changes in package" and
> > > "during 2 years since last release" make zero sense taken together.
> >
> > What exactly doesn't make sense? The fact that LXDM is based on
> > ConsoleKit and even with git patch is unable to utilize logind correctly?
>
> Upstream seems pretty active; do you mean that all the problems we have
> with our package are still present in git master? If not, we should try
> to convince upstream to make a release - and if they are not willing to
> we can always package a git snapshot.

Now I adopted LXDM, and willing to maintain it in the future. lxdm
0.4.1-26 is the current git snapshot, and it works pretty well. The
commits in the recent days are fix the compatibility with
systemd-logind's session tracking feature, and fix autologin
functionality (thanks to dgod). If you found any problem with the
current package, please report it in our bug tracker.

But if there are still major problems come to light, then I won't
hesitate to move it into unsupported.

--
György Balló