[arch-dev-public] Use systemd timers instead of /etc/cron.{hourly, daily, weekly, monthly}?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 2 04:13:04 EDT 2014

Am 01.04.2014 16:44, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Am 29.03.2014 08:52, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>>>
>>> After the overall positive response, I converted these. Since none of my
>>> machines used any cron jobs, I uninstalled cronie from them.
>>
>> I am not sure how this interacts with suspend. My laptop was suspended
>> at midnight, and on resume two of my timers fired, but 3 didn't. Maybe
>> this is because interaction with suspend is broken, mabe because of
>> AccuracySec set to 12h. I need to investigate this issue further.
>
> *shrugs* Seems to work just fine now. All timers fired when I resumed at
> work today.

Okay, this should stay in testing for the moment.

There's a case where the persistent timer *never* run until your machine
is running just at the right moment. I prepared a patch for this
problem, just need to test and submit it tonight.

I also forgot to set the PACKAGER variable on this machine, so the
packages have "Unkown packager", I should probably rebuild the packages
soon, then.