[arch-dev-public] LIRC 0.9.1 in trunk

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Mon Aug 4 09:44:01 EDT 2014

Hello,

I updated the LIRC PKGBUILD for 0.9.1 which is the first release since
2011 and allows us to remove several patches and build fixes that have
been included upstream. It also includes systemd units, however,
upstream uses different names and slightly different implementations for
the service files. How do we usually proceed in this case? As discussed
with Dave on IRC, doing the switch in the install scriptlet is not a
good idea. Is it okay to merely put a note in the upgrade message?

Also, unfortunately, I do not own an infra-red device and even though
0.9.1 is just a maintenance release, it would be great if someone could
check whether everything still works as expected. I am going to move
lirc and lirc-utils to [testing] when the kernel rebuilds are moved to
the stable repositories.

Regards,
Lukas