[arch-dev-public] LIRC 0.9.1 in trunk

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:07:29 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 03:44:01PM +0200, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I updated the LIRC PKGBUILD for 0.9.1 which is the first release since
> 2011 and allows us to remove several patches and build fixes that have
> been included upstream. It also includes systemd units, however,
> upstream uses different names and slightly different implementations for
> the service files. How do we usually proceed in this case? As discussed
> with Dave on IRC, doing the switch in the install scriptlet is not a
> good idea. Is it okay to merely put a note in the upgrade message?
>
> Also, unfortunately, I do not own an infra-red device and even though
> 0.9.1 is just a maintenance release, it would be great if someone could
> check whether everything still works as expected. I am going to move
> lirc and lirc-utils to [testing] when the kernel rebuilds are moved to
> the stable repositories.
>
> Regards,
> Lukas

I have an Infra-Red device but since more than a year (if it's not
longer) I'm no longer needing lircd at all, my IR device is recognized
just fine as a keyboard/mouse.

If there is noone else having a IR controlled system I can take a look
to get lircd up and running again and see if it behaves.

--
Ike