[arch-dev-public] LIRC 0.9.1 in trunk

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Mon Aug 4 17:13:34 EDT 2014

On Mon, 04 Aug 2014 at 22:07:29, Ike Devolder wrote:
> [...]
> I have an Infra-Red device but since more than a year (if it's not
> longer) I'm no longer needing lircd at all, my IR device is recognized
> just fine as a keyboard/mouse.
>
> If there is noone else having a IR controlled system I can take a look
> to get lircd up and running again and see if it behaves.

Thanks you for your offer. However, I just received the following report
from an Arch user:

Forwarded message from Ole Ernst (2014-08-04 22:57:19):
> Am 04.08.2014 um 15:44 schrieb Lukas Fleischer:
> > Also, unfortunately, I do not own an infra-red device and even though
> > 0.9.1 is just a maintenance release, it would be great if someone could
> > check whether everything still works as expected. I am going to move
> > lirc and lirc-utils to [testing] when the kernel rebuilds are moved to
> > the stable repositories.
>
> I can confirm the latest PKGBUILD adapted to 3.15 works a treat for me
> on an Acer Aspire 5920G, which has an IR receiver using the wpc8769l
> module. It actually didn't work with 1:0.9.0-76 and older versions (see
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=158343). Needless to say I'm
> very pleased with the new release.
>
> Cheers,
> Ole

Given that this confirms that both the lirc and the lirc-utils packages
work, there is no need for you to go through the hassle of setting up
lircd. Both packages will also stay in [testing] for a while, so that
people have a chance to file bug reports.